Monday, October 16, 2017

Minecraft For Education

Today my students got a "first look" at Minecraft for Education, and were they excited!  They were in disbelief at the idea that we would be using the game in our classroom.  Now that I have figured out how to navigate the world with the help of my more Minecraft-savvy students, it's now time to figure out how to upload lesson plans and utilize the world for math, science and social studies.

I just got finished creating an account so I can contribute to the Minecraft Education conversation and found a post about "Minecraft for Math."  A fellow educator kindly mentioned that he had lesson plans available on his page.  Below is a screenshot for my educator dashboard - pretty cool!  Notice my adorable little 8-bit fox avatar!


I am so excited that I found a lesson plan on Order of Operations, which we just finished learning about!  What a great way to reinforce the concepts!
It even includes learning objectives that show how the lesson aligns with the TEKS.  My students  will have a hard time resisting this - I can't wait to introduce them to their first lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...