Sunday, December 10, 2017

Kahoot

When I saw this tool listed as one of the social media tools to explore I had to use it as the focus of my post.  I went to a training a few years ago where Kahoot was featured as a tool to get students excited about learning, while at the same time receiving a pre-assessment of whatever content is being focused on. I currently use a similar app called "Quizizz" in my classroom that serves to help students review before a test or to simply reinforce concepts.  I remember now, after seeing the name again, how fun Kahoot was when I participated in a demonstration at a training.  The way information is presented to the learner keeps you engaged and, while it is comparable to Quizizz, the organization of materials seems to make the learning more engaging.  I believe it will be beneficial for my students if I rotate between Quizizz and Kahoot to keep the presentation of information fresh and engaging.  

Click the image above to visit Kahoot and view the "What is Kahoot!?" video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...