Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 12


While this week consisted of STAAR testing, cancelled field trips, and district-wide network outages, work still needed to be done when it came to technology integration. I purchased the following book titled "STEAM Design Challenges" which I had a chance to read up on while students were testing. STEAM stands for Science, technology engineering, art, and math and this book contains student-centered project-based activities which are perfect for after testing. The first activity we are going to engage in is titled "Pesky Pythons" and is a research-based activity which has students designing a powerpoint presentation.





Students also participated in a survey to assess their engagement with using the Seesaw online journaling application. I created the survey using Typeform. You can view the survey here:https://jordanh3.typeform.com/to/sWN9LpThe survey gave me a look into how the students thought of online journaling, peer collaboration, and the use of a rubric with journaling. While not all of my participating students have completed the survey, I have received very interesting data that gave me a look at how the students really felt about Seesaw. Below is a screenshot that gives you a sample of the data collected:



 

While more passive, this week was also a week of Seesaw responses to posts. Students posted pictures of our Board Game/ Movie day, and parents that were connected had the opportunity to view posts from their own child.



 

Next upcoming week will be interesting, as I will be taking a grant writing class as I begin writing my grant to receive funding for Robotics at our campus! I look forward to sharing my experiences with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...