Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 14


This week was very exciting and began with finding out that Schorlemmer Elementary made the paper for robotics!






This picture was taken back when Schorlemmer Elementary first accepted the grant in the amount of $4,000 to go toward purchasing a robotics "laboratory." It was super exciting as it marked the beginnings of my internship. It's crazy how much has been accomplished since that day!
This week also presented setbacks as mentioned in my previous post. I was to attend a grant writing workshop on my campus this past Tuesday but was unable to due to unforeseen circumstances. Thankfully I will be attending the workshop this Tuesday, and care has been taken so that there are not any problems this time around.


One of the highlights this week was receiving our newest classmate, Samuel the Corn Snake!






He was a great extension to our ongoing "Pesky Pythons" S.T.E.A.M. project and served as a learning opportunity for students to learn the difference between venomous and nonvenomous snakes. Quite a few of my students got the opportunity to hold "Sammy" and face any fears or misconceptions they had of snakes.

This week students continued to use technology to research pythons as an invasive species in Florida, as well as in math stations. It is amazing how well technology has been integrated into our day-to-day activities. When it becomes second-nature for students to quickly grab a kindle when conducting an activity, you know that the marriage of technology and education has been successful.


Can't wait to share my next week of adventures with you!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...