Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Assignment 5- Virtual Social Media sites

When searching for virtual communities, I knew that I wanted to choose one that I could use to interact with my students in the classroom, as well as one that I could contribute to/ learn from for professional development purposes.

https://education.minecraft.net
I am excited to say that I got a one year prescription to Education Minecraft for being in a school district which has Windows 10 devices.  I hope to use Minecraft to engage students in social studies, science, and math.

https://www.edutopia.org/community
The following message board contains hot topics for education technology an I am excited about utilizing this resource to expand my own teaching toolbox.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me how many people like Minecraft. I have issues with the low graphics. Anyway, I didn't know that they had an Educational site. I wonder how much it costs? I looked at the site a bit. I'm not currently teaching so I can't sign in as an educator. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedi!

      I think I can get a free 1 year trial due to my district being Windows 10 users. It sounds really interesting and I hope to be able to use it this year with my fifth graders!

      Delete

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...