Sunday, October 1, 2017

My Education Philosophy

When writing your philosophy of education, one needs to think of two things:  Best practices and personal teaching style.  After being in the classroom for four years, my view on education has gone through many changes.  What started as a battlefield mindset for me (the horrors of teaching kindergarten) to where I am today in my fifth year of teaching fifth grade, my philosophy is finally something I can see as relatively static, but still fluid enough to be enhanced by further teaching experience.  

So here is my philosophy:

I believe that technology integration should not be merely a suggestion, a teaching "style" adapted by the few willing to think outside of the traditional classroom.  Fluid integration of technology into public school curriculum is a must for the success of our students, who are living in a digital world.  We must learn to adapt to meet our student's needs, lest we are doing our students a great disservice.  My goal is to help fellow educators make technology integration a reality in their own classrooms by seeing technology as a needed tool rather than a burden or added stress.  The classroom as we know it is changing, and it is time we begin changing with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15- Looking ahead, closing thoughts

Here I begin my final blog posting of my graduate studies.  This internship has been one that has pushed me to do things that I otherwise wo...